I saw this on Diet Coke's Facebook page today and thought it was a really clever approach to green marketing. The caption underneath this photo was "How flat can you crush it?" This ad not only serves as an advertisement for Diet Coke, but also for being "green" and recycling. I feel that they make recycling seem simple, so this may entice people to do so. However, I wonder if people will be skeptical of whether Diet Coke if really trying to help the environment, or if they are simply using this ad to make more money.

i thought this was a great ad! i like how it gets at a thing that many of us have naturally always done (crushing a can of coke) but putting the environmental spin on it; it pairs an innate act with an internal reward. It seems more about the environmental concerns of crushing the coke than the product (classic vs. diet vs. zero- the product choice seems less important here)
ReplyDelete