Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Onion – Employee Coproduction

Hey guys,

Being a huge fan of The Onion, I came across a hilarious article today titled "It Almost as if Rite Aid Cashier Doesn't care About Reputation of Rite Aid Corporation".  I know that the site focuses on satire, but I think this article's main point is very relevant to our class's emphasis on the coproduction and interaction between customers and employees in service industries.  The article explains that "Morales’ nonexistent greeting, slow response time, and general air of indifference all but pointed to the conclusion that he perhaps did not see himself as a representative of the Rite Aid brand who has been tasked with upholding that company’s sense of tradition and character."  While exaggerated and funny, this illustrates the importance of service employees' role in representing the company, and the fact that employees won't just naturally put in their best effort  rather, they have to be given incentives and proper training.  Let me know what you guys think!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/it-almost-as-if-rite-aid-cashier-doesnt-care-about,34562/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

No comments:

Post a Comment