Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Angry Birds! (And Branding)

I saw a story on how Rovio, the parent company that produces the popular Angry Birds video game, is coming out with this game, called Angry Birds Go! It's an interesting move considering it attempts to expand on the Angry Birds universe and abandons the traditional "sling-shot" type game play that many of us have come to know and love.
It will be interesting to see where the Angry Birds brand goes from here. If nothing else, Rovio is showing that they seek to expand the brand beyond early roots. Angry Birds seeks to become as well known as other video game favorites such as Mario, Pokemon, and even Call of Duty.
Would you buy this game? Would you play it in class or on the way to work?

1 comment:

  1. I feel people normally play angry birds when they are on a subway or are waiting for class to start since angry birds is a very simple short game that only requires short movements of the users arm. I feel this version of the game can still be played in those settings, but not as easily. I might play this version a few times, but I feel there are already plenty of racing games out there and do not see what makes this racing game different other than the characters. However, angry birds is popular enough that it could work, especially since it is an app, rather than a full game which would have a lot of competition in the racing category.

    ReplyDelete