I stumbled upon this commercial on one of the blogs that I read on a daily basis. After more research, I found that there is much media frenzy about this commercial. Many are asking how any commercial could possibly rival this one!
The commercial is 100% real and was filmed in only one take. The point of the commercial is to demonstrate the dynamic steering capabilities of the new line of Volvo trucks. I thought it was also a very interesting commercial because we have looked at Volvo throughout our class discussions and have found that they tend to position the brand as a family brand. However, this commercial definitely positions these trucks as both sophisticated and "macho."
When Volvo began to plan the advertising and marketing for the new line of trucks, they decided that they would use YouTube as their primary form of media outreach. The video was posted on YouTube November 13th and already has over 8 million views! The creator of the video says that "YouTube films would create attention, and inform and entertain audiences. YouTube will pave the way for future advertising and sales campaigns in local markets."
No comments:
Post a Comment