Monday, November 4, 2013

Pepsi Vs. Coca Cola

Hi everyone. I saw this side by side comparison of Pepsi's original ad for Halloween and someone's photoshopped Coca Cola's response and I just found it ingenious and felt like it completely floors Pepsi's intentions. Too bad it wasn't Coca Cola's actual response. Would you choose Pepsi or Coca-Cola though, if this was brought to your attention?

2 comments:

  1. I would choose Coca-Cola. I think that Pepi's original advertisement is unclear, especially since the Coca Cola cape is partially covering the Pepsi logo. I also do not understand how the original Pepsi advertisement is further promoting Pepsi against Coca-Cola. If I hadn't been told it was a Pepsi ad, I would think it was for Coca-Cola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lindsay; the original Pepsi ad is confusing and unclear. I don't think it would really encourage any one to purchase the product over Coca-Cola, especially because the ad does not do a good job of explaining why Pepsi is better than Coke. I think the Coca-Cola ad is creative, and I interpret it as Coke is a "cooler" superhuman-type brand, leaving Pepsi in its shadow. Personally, if I drink any soda, I would drink Pepsi, but I still don't think Pepsi's original ad is a smart marketing idea.

    ReplyDelete