Sunday, November 3, 2013

Brands and Branding Strategies


I came across this and found it interesting.  It reminded me of our discussion in class about branding strategies with Yum! being an example of a multi brand and P&G being in the new brands category.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cool graphic. I recently participated in a case competition about Mars, the chocolate and candy corporation. When we discussed Yum! brands in class, I immediately thought of Mars because they are both huge parent companies, whose names are less popular than the companies in their portfolios. For example, everybody knows M&Ms, but not everyone knows that Mars Company owns the M&M brand. I also think it's interesting that, as consumers, sometimes we're unaware of the connections between some of these brands that we may think are competitors (such as Twix and Snickers, which are both Mars brands). In reality, after completing the case study, I learned that Mars' biggest competition is Hershey and Kraft. Lastly, it's interesting to know that even products like Uncle Ben's rice and some pet care items are produced by Mars, a company that is usually known for chocolate, if known at all.

    ReplyDelete